EMS INFORMATION TASK FORCE
The EMS Information Task Force serves to provide recommendations to the Department of Health on issues relate to EMS data and data collection and transfer. This task force has been tasked to address such issues as pre-hospital transfer of care reporting and implementation of the new NEMSIS data element standards. This task force works closely with the Department of Health’s Bureau of EMS on data collected from prehospital patient care reports in Pennsylvania.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES FOR CHILDREN (EMSC)
To serve as a forum for issues that have potential impact on the emergency medical care and transport of all pediatric patients in the Commonwealth; to educate prehospital providers, other health practitioners, and the general public in regard to provision of services available through the EMSC Program; to formulate recommendations to the Board of Directors of PEHSC which reflect the interest and opinion of pediatric emergency care and injury prevention professionals. The EMSC Advisory Committee meets quarterly to discuss issues related to prehospital care for pediatric patients.
MEDICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE:
The purpose of the Medical Advisory Committee is to provide consensus recommendations to the PEHSC Board of Directors/Pennsylvania Department of Health regarding the medical aspects of the delivery of EMS in the Commonwealth. This committee exists to provide high-quality medical advice to the Board in fulfilling its role as advisory body to the Department of Health on EMS issues. This Committee is responsible to make recommendations on matters pertaining to the medical direction and control of prehospital care, including but not limited to:
- EMS Provider scope of practice issues
- Medications, solutions, and devices acceptable for prehospital use
- Basic and advanced life support protocol content
- Issues related to the training and education of physicians involved in the EMS system, including medical directors, medical command physicians, and prehospital physicians
- Quality assessment and improvement in EMS
- Standards and guidelines for facilities and patient transfers
- Research and Pilot Program Proposals
- Other issues affecting the medical aspects of prehospital care delivery in the Commonwealth.
RESCUE TASK FORCE:
The purpose of the Rescue Task Force is to provide consensus recommendations to the PEHSC Board of Directors/Pennsylvania Department of Health on the technical rescue aspects of prehospital emergency medical care. This group is comprised of a diverse group of individuals who represent rescue organizations from across the Commonwealth. This task force exists to provide high-quality advice to the Board in fulfilling its role as advisory body to the Department of Health on EMS issues. This group is responsible to make recommendations on matters pertaining to all aspects of rescue, including but not limited to:
- Equipment Standards
- Training Standards
- Voluntary Rescue Service Recognition Program